SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative
- 1Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative/Journal Articles & Research Abstracts (Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative)
- 1Sustainable Forest Management Network
- 1Sustainable Forest Management Network/Research Papers (Sustainable Forest Management Network)
- 1Renewable Resources, Department of
- 1Renewable Resources, Department of/Journal Articles (Renewable Resources)
Abstract: The lowering of the water table resulting from peatland drainage may dramatically alter C and N cycling in peatland ecosystems, which contain one-third of the total terrestrial C. In this study, tree annual ring width and C (delta C-13) and N (delta N-15) isotope ratios in soil and...
Resiliency of boreal forest tree species on a reclaimed oil sands mine and natural forest stands in northeastern AlbertaDownload
Disturbances in the boreal forest are common, so the species that comprise these forests must be resilient to them. This research examines the resiliency, here defined as the regeneration of boreal tree species following disturbance on both reclaimed and natural sites. The suckering response of...