SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Biological Sciences, Department of
- 2Biological Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Biological Sciences)
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1WISEST Summer Research Program
- 1WISEST Summer Research Program/WISEST Research Posters
From 1996 to 1999, apparent annual survival of male Ovenbirds (Seiurus aurocapillus) was compared in forest fragments created by forestry (n = 3) and agriculture (n = 14) to plots in continuous boreal forest of central Saskatchewan (n = 3). For 398 male Ovenbirds, Cormack-Jolly-Seber models...
Local and regional demography in a migratory forest songbird and effects of forest management intensityDownload
The numerical response of forest birds to habitat alteration has been well documented in North America, but the underlying demographic processes driving these changes remain largely unknown. Among species sensitive to such alterations, the Ovenbird (Seiurus aurocapilla) shows one of the largest...
Movement Patterns of Adult Male Ovenbirds during the Post-Fledging Period in Fragmented and Forested Boreal LandscapesDownload
Movement of forest songbirds among isolated forest patches following breeding represents an important but poorly understood component of landscape ecology and metapopulation theory. Using radio-telemetry, we followed 44 male Ovenbirds (Seiurus aurocapillus) during the post-fledging period to...