SearchSkip to Search Results
- 92Older people
- 51Canada--Nunavut (NWT)-- [Arviat [Eskimo Point]]
- 37Rites & ceremonies
- 16Canada--Nunavut [NWT]--Iqaluit [Frobisher Bay]
- 79Halpern, Joel Martin
- 2Edmonton Council of Community Services
- 2Wilson, D.M.
- 1Agrios, Jean Marie.
- 1Berry, P.
- 1Broad, Elizabeth L.
- 79Joel Martin Halpern Image Archive
- 79Joel Martin Halpern Image Archive/Northern North America Collection
- 6Nursing, Faculty of
- 5Nursing, Faculty of/Chronicity
- 4Edmonton Social Planning Council (ESPC)
- 4Edmonton Social Planning Council (ESPC)/Seniors (Edmonton Social Planning Council)
A descriptive-comparative study of medications used by older people prior to and following admission to a continuing care facilityDownload
Medications are beneficial for curing or managing acute and chronic illnesses. Medications typically have positive outcomes, although older people are prone to drug-related problems. Community-dwelling seniors are at particularly high risk of polypharmacy, as they tend to receive many...
Context. Little is known about the number and types of moves made in the last year of life to obtain healthcare and end-of-life support, with older adults more vulnerable to care setting transition issues. Research Objective. Compare care setting transitions across older (65+ years) and younger...
Presented to the Alberta Council on Aging Conference on Funding Seniors' Community Needs : New Wells for Well-being