SearchSkip to Search Results
- 20Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 20Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 9Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of
- 9Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of/Journal Articles (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 5WISEST Summer Research Program
- 5WISEST Summer Research Program/WISEST Research Posters
- 13Article (Published)
- 4Conference/Workshop Poster
- 2Conference/Workshop Presentation
- 2Field, Catherine (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Alexander, R Todd (Paediatrics)
- 1Baracos, Vickie (Oncology and Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Bell, Rhonda (Agricultural, Food & Nutritional Science)
- 1Bell, Rhonda (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Betti, Mirko (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
THE IMPACT OF MATERNAL DIABETES IN PREGNANCY ON THE DEVELOPING CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM OF THE CHILDDownload
Introduction There is increasing evidence that fetal exposures influence lifelong cardiovascular (CV) health. While gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) is one such exposure, whether there are demonstrable changes in CV health in exposed children is unknown. Additionally, rodent models have...
Mental health disorders are a significant problem facing children. Emerging research suggests there is a link between nutrition and mental health. This thesis examines the association between diet quality and mental health in children. The first objective was to examine the cross-sectional...
The current recommended vitamin D intake guideline for diet and supplements during pregnancy is not adequate to achieve vitamin D sufficiency for most pregnant womenDownload
Maggiore, Jack A., Eliasziw, Misha, Rabi, Doreen, O'Beirne, Maeve, Field, Catherine J., Hanley, David A., Dewey, Deborah, Aghajafari, Fariba, Weinberg, Amy, Kaplan, Bonnie J., Ross, Sue
Background The aims of this study were to determine if pregnant women consumed the recommended vitamin D through diet alone or through diet and supplements, and if they achieved the current reference range vitamin D status when their reported dietary intake met the current recommendations....
Choline, as an essential nutrient, is needed for a variety of biological processes such as phospholipid synthesis, cell-membrane signaling, lipoprotein secretion, acetylcholine biosynthesis, and one-carbon metabolism. In the North American population diet the two most common forms of choline in...
Edmonton Social Planning Council, Edmonton Community Foundation
Vital Signs- A Report on Food Security in Edmonton contains statistics on a variety of topics related to local food security and the health of Edmontonians. Topics dicussed in this report include the cost of nutritious food, food bank use, diabetes and youth obesity, soil quality, local farming...