SearchSkip to Search Results
- 10Landscapes (Representations)
- 7USA--Alaska--Alaska Highway
- 3Bodies of water
- 2Canada--Alberta--Alcan Highway
- 15Halpern, Joel Martin
- 1Aukema, Brian H.
- 1Carroll, Allan L.
- 1Jonathan S. Green
- 1Moore, R. Dan
- 1Murphy, Michelle
- 15Joel Martin Halpern Image Archive
- 15Joel Martin Halpern Image Archive/Northern North America Collection
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1The NSERC TRIA Network (TRIA-Net)
- 1The NSERC TRIA Network (TRIA-Net)/Journal Articles (TRIA-Net)
Alberta Ski Resorts on the Eastern Slopes and Environmental Advocacy: Conservation Politics and Tourism Developments in Kananaskis Country, 1980-2000Download
This study investigates ski resort development and proposals on the eastern slopes of Alberta between 1980 and 2000 with a specific focus on Kananaskis Country. It highlights issues between conservation imperatives and recreation and sport development. It examines the site selection for the 1988...
My current research is focused on the history of camping and wilderness survival. Specifically, I am exploring how our ideas about the landscape are constructed, and what it means when we interact with the wild by engaging in activities like camping. My recent mixed-media prints combine my own...
Climate change can markedly impact biology, population ecology, and spatial patterns of eruptive insects due to the direct influence of temperature on insect development and population success. The mountain pine beetle Dendroctonus ponderosae (Coleoptera: Curculionidae), is a landscape-altering...
(detail is blurry)