SearchSkip to Search Results
- 32Canada--Nunavut (NWT)-- [Arviat [Eskimo Point]]
- 21Meat cutting
- 14Eating & drinking
- 10Canada--Nunavut [NWT]-- [Arviat [Eskimo Point]]
- 62Joel Martin Halpern Image Archive
- 62Joel Martin Halpern Image Archive/Northern North America Collection
- 9Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 9Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 3Roy Berg Kinsella Research Ranch
- 3Roy Berg Kinsella Research Ranch/Journal Articles (Kinsella Ranch)
Listeria monocytogenes is a foodborne pathogen of concern in meat products. Also, many fresh meat products packaged for retail sale with oxygen permeable films are prone to browning, leading to a decrease in sales. The first objective of this study was to investigate the inhibitory effect of C....
Application of genomics-based tools leading to the identification of markers on bovine chromosome 14 influencing milk production and carcass quality traitsDownload
Genetic improvements in beef and dairy cattle can bring significant advances in satisfying the global food demand, which is expected to double by 2050. Several DNA markers have been identified on bovine chromosome 14 (BTA14), but low mapping resolution prevents their refinement for identification...
The overall purpose of our research was to improve the understanding of consumer perceptions towards the consumption of alternative meats, notably bison, elk and lamb. More specifically, the objectives were to: 1) Document the attitude and purchasing choices for three alternative meats which are...
Consumer acceptance of meat depends on its colour and there is a negative bias in North America for broiler dark meat. Freezing and cooking leads to changes in meat characteristics and colour of broiler chicken thighs. The first experiment focused on the effect of freezing and cooking on broiler...