SearchSkip to Search Results
- 3Alkaline phosphatase
- 3Cell membranes
- 1Arsenic metabolites
- 1Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor
- 1Aalhus, J. L.
- 1Anwar-Mohamed, Anwar Gamal Abd El-Naser
- 1Chakrabartty, Avijit.
- 1Chan, Catherine
- 1Chan, John Raphael Allum.
- 1De Souza, A. G.
- 6Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 6Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Biological Sciences, Department of
- 1Biological Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Biological Sciences)
- 1Roy Berg Kinsella Research Ranch
- 1Roy Berg Kinsella Research Ranch/Journal Articles (Kinsella Ranch)
Twenty-four Hereford crossbred heifers weighing 222 kg (22 kg SD) and aged 226 d (13 d SD) on day 0 were used to investigate the effects of feed restriction (period 1) followed by realimentation (period 2) on hepatic and longissimus muscle glycogen metabolites and meat quality. The heifers were...
Investigation of fatty acid and cholesterol synthesis using stable isotopes in type 1 diabetes, liver failure, islet and liver transplant, and effect of dietary interventionDownload
Elevated plasma lipids are risk factors for cardiovascular disease (CVD). In certain conditions plasma lipids are normal yet individuals experience increased morbidity. Type 1 diabetes (T1D) is associated with elevated CVD despite normal lipids, while in liver failure low plasma lipids may...
Large-scale proteome profile of the zebrafish (Danio rerio) gill for physiological and biomarker discovery studiesDownload
Abstract: Zebrafish are an important model in vertebrate genetics, developmental biology, physiology, and toxicology. In this study, we established the first large-scale proteome profile of a teleost fish tissue using a shotgun method based on two-dimensional liquid chromatography-electrospray...
Aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AhR) ligands and heavy metals are environmental co-contaminants and their molecular interaction may disrupt the coordinated regulation of AhR-dependent phase I and II drug metabolizing enzymes. As such, the effect of the heavy metal, As(III), on the AhR-regulated genes...