SearchSkip to Search Results
- 3Sustainable Forest Management Network
- 3Sustainable Forest Management Network/Conferences, Workshops, Lecture Series (Sustainable Forest Management Network)
- 1Philosophy, Department of
- 1Philosophy, Department of/Book Reviews (Philosophy)
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
This work examines Rawls’s lectures on Hobbes, which are delivered at a time when Rawls is developing his political liberalism. It especially seeks to question the foundations of Rawls’s interpretation of Hobbes’s Leviathan as presenting a core “political” doctrine based around prudential egoism....
[Review of the book Principles of Instrumental Logic: John Dewey's Lecture in Ethics and Political Ethics, 1895-1896, by ed. D.F. Koch]Download
Introduction: In this latest collection of John Dewey's lectures, Koch continues his valuable work of making Dewey's early writings more widely available to students and scholars interested in tracing Dewey's progress from his early idealist philosophy through to the pragmatic instrumentalism for...