SearchSkip to Search Results
- 3Language processing
- 1Behavioural assessment
- 1Executive function
- 1Exemplar-based language models
- 1Columbus, Georgina C
- 1Cummine, Jacqueline
- 1Halliwell, Nicole
- 1Miller, Amanda
- 1Monique Charest
- 1Rehabilitation Medicine, Faculty of
- 1Rehabilitation Medicine, Faculty of/Speech Pathology and Audiology
- 1Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)
- 1Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)/Successful Grants Library (SSHRC)
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
An analysis of the processing of multiword units in sentence reading and unit presentation using eye movement data: Implications for theories of MWUsDownload
Multiword units (MWUs) have been the subject of much research in psycholinguistics, due to their syntactic and semantic idiosyncrasies. While studies traditionally focused on idioms (a piece of cake), more recent work has focused on another type: lexical bundles (in the middle of). How MWUs are...
Behavioural Assessment of Language Processing using the Dual Route Model and Independence EquationsDownload
The independence equations employed by Castles et al. (2006) and McDougall et al. (2005), have been used to provide evidence for a dual route model of reading. However, such reports have been limited to basic naming tasks. To test the robustness of previous claims, we examined the utility of...
SSHRC IDG awarded 2016: The goal of this project is to develop foundational knowledge on the applicability of the learning perspective to account for interference phenomena when children perform language activities. We expect to learn more about the appropriateness of interpreting interference...