SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Handicraft - Northwest Territories, Canada
- 1Canada, Northwest Territories, Yellowknife
- 1Footwear - First Nations traditional design
- 1Indigenous arts and crafts - Yellowknife, NWT
- 1Mace - Legilsative Assembly of the Northwest Territories
This pair of moose hide slippers are decorated with moose hide tufting and ermine trim. Dyed moose hair bundles are stitched onto a surface, in this case leather, and then trimmed to the desired shape. The design on these slippers is of flowers in red, pink, orange, purple and yellow, with...
Porcupine quill work on the replica of the original mace of the Legislative Assembly of the Northwest TerritoriesDownload
A replica of the original mace of the Legislative Assembly of the Norhwest Territories is on display at the Legislature Building. Around the shaft of the mace there is a section of dyed porcupine quills stitched into diamond and checkerboard patterns in red and blue.The top and bottom edges are...