SearchSkip to Search Results
- 7Canada--Nunavut (NWT)-- [Arviat [Eskimo Point]]
- 7Canada--Nunavut [NWT]-- [Arviat [Eskimo Point]]
- 5Cooking utensils
- 16Halpern, Joel Martin
- 1APrON Study Team
- 1Aghajafari, Fariba
- 1Ahmad, Waseem
- 1Belon, Ana Paula
- 1Christensen, Samantha M
- 16Joel Martin Halpern Image Archive
- 16Joel Martin Halpern Image Archive/Northern North America Collection
- 10Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 10Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of
- 1Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of/Journal Articles (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
"It was delightful to be so hungry": Food, Class, and Gender in Nineteenth-Century Children's LiteratureDownload
This thesis explores the social, political, and spatial extensions of food and eating in nineteenth-century young women’s coming-of-age texts in America. It focuses on novels and short-stories from women authors such as Louisa May Alcott, Susan Coolidge, Eleanor H. Porter, and Sarah Jewett in...
An experimental investigation of the impact of fat taxes: Price effects, food stigma, and information effects on economic instruments to improve dietary healthDownload
This thesis investigates how a tax and warning label on less healthy snack food products may affect consumer behaviour when the imposition of the tax is a source of consumer information. A survey that included choice experiments was implemented in supermarkets. Participants were asked to choose...
Assessing the relationships between weather, food limitation and breeding ecology in an Arctic top predatorDownload
A long term project being conducted on a population of Peregrine Falcons (Falco peregrinus) breeding near Rankin Inlet, Nunavut, Canada, has chronicled a steady decline in annual productivity over 30 years. By documenting the direct effects of summer rainfall on nestling mortality, a recent study...
Competition between Private Label and National Brand for Differentiated Food Category: A Canadian Retail CaseDownload
Retailers in Canada have introduced private labels to gain vertical bargaining power over manufacturers’ national brands and to establish customer loyalty. Product differentiation in quality and increasingly product formulation is an emerging trend for both private labels and national brands in...