SearchSkip to Search Results
- 10Early childhood education
- 3Canada, Alberta
- 3Child care
- 1Aboriginal Head Start
- 1Aboriginal early childhood development
- 1Abu-Laban, Yasmeen
- 1Adkin, Laurie
- 1Edmonton Social Planning Council
- 1Fairbrother, Nicola
- 1Highett, Jillian F.
- 1Lirette, Patricia R
- 6Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 6Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 3Edmonton Social Planning Council (ESPC)
- 2Edmonton Social Planning Council (ESPC)/Children, Youth and Family (Edmonton Social Planning Council)
- 1Edmonton Social Planning Council (ESPC)/Education (Edmonton Social Planning Council)
- 1Political Science, Department of
The increased use of digital devices in the home for work, communication, entertainment, and information searching makes these devices attractive to young children, who learn to communicate by observing and interacting with family members. This qualitative study examined 11 Canadian and...
An Ethnographic Study of Immigrant and Refugee Women’s Knowledge Construction in an Early Childhood Teacher Education ProgramDownload
Immigrant/refugee women may gravitate to the field of early childhood education (ECE) to fill the national and provincial need for teachers (Beach, Friendly, Ferns, Prabhu, & Forer, 2008; CCHRS, 2009) in an occupation that is deemed to be very accessible to newcomers (Service Canada, 2011)....
Interest is growing in early learning experiences and in the quality of the child care young children are receiving. In 2005, the Alberta government introduced a voluntary child care accreditation program, the first of its kind in Canada. The purpose of this research is to describe how the...
Cultural Approaches to Evaluating Indigenous Early Intervention Programs: A Case Study of Aboriginal Head StartDownload
There is a dearth of research on early childhood development (ECD) programs for Canadian Indigenous children and little has been written about their evaluation; many researchers argue that assessments concerning Indigenous children and programs require culturally appropriate approaches....