SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Coetzee, Andries
- 1Farris-Trimble, Ashley
- 1Lee, Kent K.
- 1Tessier, Anne-Michelle
- 1Tom Asquith
- 1Secondary Education, Department of
- 1Secondary Education, Department of/Master of Education: Secondary Education Final Projects
- 1Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)
- 1Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)/Successful Grants Library (SSHRC)
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
SSHRC Awarded IG 2015: ESL acquisition in early childhood is not well understood or even well-documented. Early L2 child speakers appear to produce more varied types of phonological errors compared with monolingual children, some but not all of which are predictable from their own mother tongues....
Mathematics and the English Language Learner
Increased immigration and a move for greater inclusion in Canadian English language mainstream classrooms has led to increased numbers of English-Language Learning (ELL) students in our core subject-area secondary mathematics classrooms. The increasing number of ELL students in these classrooms...
The Comparative Effects of Traditional, Vocabulary, and Grammar Instruction on the Reading Comprehension and Fluency of High School English Language LearnersDownload
To meet the academic demands of high school content courses such as science, English language learners (ELL) require more exposure to academic language than they currently receive (Wong Fillmore, 2014). Although vocabulary is a key source of difficulty for students’ comprehension of science texts...