SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Barker, Thomas (Supervisor)
- 2Belter, Pamela R.
- 2Cahill, J. F.
- 2Cahill, J.F.
- 2Lieffers, V.J.
- 1Ahmad, Waseem
- 26Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 26Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 10Biological Sciences, Department of
- 9Biological Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Biological Sciences)
- 3Renewable Resources, Department of
- 2Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of
- 8Department of Renewable Resources
- 6Department of Biological Sciences
- 2Department of Agricultural, Food, and Nutritional Science
- 1Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science
- 1Department of Computing Science
- 1Department of Economics
- 2Bork, Edward (Agriculture, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 2Cahill, James (Biological Sciences)
- 2He, Fangliang (Renewable Resources)
- 2Macdonald, Ellen (Renewable Resources)
- 1Anders, Sven (Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology)
- 1Bork, Edward (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
An Intersectional Perspective on Experiences Inspiring Transition to University Among First Nations LearnersDownload
The literature on the university participation of First Nations (First Peoples of Canada) learners pointed to historic K 12 challenges and competing demands that hinder their transition to university. Although learners’ attendance is rising steadily, more females than males attend university. ...
EFM Research Note 01/2002
We examined the relationship between aspen cover and understory production across two topographic positions and two management systems within the Aspen Parkland of eastern Alberta. Understory biomass typically declined with increasing overstory, with greater yield losses on north-facing forests...
American black bears (Ursus americanus) and grizzly bears (U. arctos) have similar habitat requirements, relying on seasonally available grasses, forbs, fruiting shrubs and trees, and neonate ungulates. To avoid aggressive encounters with grizzly bears, black bears partition habitats spatially...
Predictions for climate change include movement of temperature isoclines up to 1000 meters per year, and this is supported by recent empirical studies. This paper considers effects of a rapidly changing environment on competitive outcomes between species. The model is formulated as a system of...
The effects of different vegetation control practices on tree-weed interactions and associated establishment and early tree growth were investigated in 1-3 year old hybrid poplar plantations containing Walker poplar (Populus deltoides x (P. laurifolia x P. nigra)) and its progeny Okanese poplar...
The existing literature debates whether selling, general and administrative (SG&A) spending is on average beneficial to shareholders as an asset-like investment or detrimental to shareholders as the result of empire building. I address this debate by examining the behavior and consequence of SG&A...
Sourdough has traditionally been used as leavening agent in artisanal baking. The production of baked and steamed cereal products increasingly employs sourdough as baking improver to achieve improved bread quality, or to obtain “clean label” products. Sourdoughs are maintained in bakeries by...
Crucian carp (Carassius carassius) is often the only fish species present in small ponds of northern Europe. Such populations are typically at high densities and consist primarily of small, relatively slender, and short-lived fish; populations in multispecies assemblages in lakes display opposite...