SearchSkip to Search Results
- 17Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 17Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 2Roy Berg Kinsella Research Ranch
- 2Roy Berg Kinsella Research Ranch/Journal Articles (Kinsella Ranch)
- 1Computing Science, Department of
- 1Computing Science, Department of/Technical Reports (Computing Science)
- 5Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 4Department of Agricultural, Food, and Nutritional Science
- 2Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 2Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 1Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- 1Department of Physics
- 1Bressler, David C (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Dr. K. Shankar
- 1Field, Catherine J. (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Gerlich, Adrian (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 1Gingras, Murray (Earth and Atmospheric Sciences)
- 1Hendry, Michael T. (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
Bioturbation and Resource Quality: A Case Study from the Upper Cretaceous Lysing and Nise Formations, Ellida and Midnatsoll Fields, Norwegian SeaDownload
Nine cores (approx. 156 m) within the Upper Cretaceous Lysing and Nise formations (Møre Basin, Norwegian continental shelf) are studied in order to assess the relationship between bioturbate fabric and the resulting permeability distribution. Overall, the Lysing and Nise formations strata...
Wildfires affect boreal forest carbon stocks through consumption of the vegetation and forest floor, and production of black carbon (BC). This by-product of organic matter’s incomplete combustion is an important component of the global soil carbon pool. My thesis reveals how fire severity is...
20Cr-32Ni-1Nb stainless steel alloys are commonly used in hydrogen reformer manifolds for transporting hot hydrogen by-products at 750-950 celcius. After long periods of exposure, embrittling secondary carbides and intermetallic phases can precipitate at the grain boundaries which can drastically...
Pressurized gas-expanded liquid (PGX) technology is a supercritical fluid technique used for producing micro/nano-particles, agglomerates and fibers from an aqueous solution of a high molecular weight biopolymer, which can also be employed for encapsulation or impregnation. PGX-processed...
Characterization of a landslide-prone glaciolacustrine clay from the Thompson River Valley near Ashcroft, British ColumbiaDownload
Several large landslides have occurred in the Thompson River Valley near Ashcroft, British Columbia. The movement of these landslides have presented challenges for the operation of the two national railways that traverse this valley. The landslides are multiple retrogressive, translational,...
Characterization of magnetic nanoparticles as contrast agents and their application for quantitative magnetic susceptibility monitoring of the waterflooding of heavy oil in real timeDownload
Waterflooding is one enhanced oil recovery process used in heavy oil reservoirs such as at Cold Lake in North-Eastern Alberta. However, little has been published in terms of imaging heavy oil waterfloods, mainly due to the similar densities of water and heavy oil, which makes it difficult to...
Continuous accumulation of Mature Fine Tailings (MFT) is a major challenge to oil sands industry. To reduce the inventory of MFT through development of novel tailings treatment technologies, it is essential to understand the stabilization mechanism of fine solids in MFT. This project aims at...
Membrane-based processes have the potential to overcome the limitations of conventional hydrogen separation techniques such as high energy consumption and environmental concerns. Natural zeolite membranes have recently been shown to demonstrate apparent molecular sieving of H2 from H2/CO2...
The use of microalloyed steels have accelerated exponentially in the past few decades due to their better mechanical properties as compared to traditional carbon steel. One of the main factor that contribute to their high strength and toughness values is the presence of uniformly dispersed fine...
During the past several decades, the relationship between microstructure and mechanical properties of high strength microalloyed steels has been extensively studied in an effort to improve the fracture toughness and strength of these types of steels, without appreciably increasing steel...