SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Roy Berg Kinsella Research Ranch
- 2Roy Berg Kinsella Research Ranch/Journal Articles (Kinsella Ranch)
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Biological Sciences, Department of
- 1Biological Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Biological Sciences)
The effects of zeranol were studied in 24 steers and 24 bulls starting at an average weight of 200 kg for a trial period of 183 days. Bulls grew faster than steers (P = 0.07) and zeranol-treated cattle showed higher average daily gain than controls (P < 0.05); there was no significant interaction...
After hormonal ablation, 90% of the secretory epithelial cells of the prostate undergo apoptosis, and the remaining cells are reorganized as the tissue is remodeled. Using differential display RT-PCR of total RNA extracted from the rat ventral prostate before and 4 days after castration, we have...
Examining texts from the end of the Republic, an in-depth Roman perspective may be gained from the different writers preserved during this well-documented period. I intend to not only set up a working basis of masculinity but to argue that the Romans understood gender as a spectrum rather than a...
Data from carcasses of 210 cattle (119 bulls and 91 steers) from 4 breed types, serially slaughtered from = 200-008kg kg liveweight were used to test the hypothesis of similar gender dimorphism among breeds in relation to carcass bone growth and distribution. Relative to total bone weight, breed...