SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Canada, Northwest Territories, Yellowknife - Legislative Assembly Buidling
- 1Caribou - Carvings - Yellowknife, NWT
- 1Hanauyaqtuq - Piksauyak (ikt)
- 1Legislative Assembly Building - Northwest Territories - Yellowknife
- 1Maligaliurvik - Piksauyaq (ikt)
This sculpture was created by Alain Iyerak in 1970. It is made from a single vertebra of a bowhead whale. The vertebra had to dry for 100 years to be used for carving. The carving is housed on the upper level of the NWT Legislative Assembly Building.
The NWT Legislative Assembly Building was built so that it is integrated into the surrounding environment. A concrete path leads up to the doors in glass wall which forms the front of the building.