SearchSkip to Search Results
- 3Boreal mixed-wood
- 1Bird communities
- 1Boreal-forest disturbance regimes
- 1CO2 emissions
- 1Biological Sciences, Department of
- 1Biological Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Biological Sciences)
- 1Renewable Resources, Department of
- 1Renewable Resources, Department of/Journal Articles (Renewable Resources)
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
Trembling aspen (Populus tremuloides) in western Canadian boreal forests is generally believed to occur as young, even-aged stands, as part of a fire-dominated landscape. However, the available quantitative estimates of the rate of disturbance by fire in this region differ markedly. One estimate...
Abstract: Retention of residual trees in \"cutblocks,\" logged blocks of forest, has been proposed as a method to conserve songbirds in landscapes fragmented by clear-cut logging. We examined songbird communities in the boreal mixed-wood forest of Alberta, Canada, to investigate the effect on...
Retention of wooded ecosystems and plant and lichen diversity on a First Nations Reserve compared to three other land uses in the Central Boreal Mixed-wood of northeast Alberta, CanadaDownload
This thesis represents the first inquiry into the retention of wooded ecosystems and plant and lichen diversity in a First Nation compared to three other land use units within the boreal mixed-wood of Canada. Forest retention was highest in the Provincial Park, followed by the Métis Settlement...