SearchSkip to Search Results
- 3Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/OSRIN Technical Reports
- 1Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/Government of Alberta Reports
- 1Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/AOSERP Reports
Distribution, abundance and habitat associations of beavers, muskrats, mink and river otters in the AOSERP study area, Northeastern AlbertaDownload
A synthesis of the published literature on the habitat preferences of beavers, muskrats, mink and river otters is presented. Field studies conducted during the late autumn of 1978 included aerial surveys and track counts in snow. A total of 249 active beaver lodges were seen on 2550 km of...
The North American beaver (Castor canadensis) is a large semi-aquatic rodent that has played a central role in shaping the Canadian boreal landscape, and colonial Canadian history. Exploitation of North American beaver populations to supply the European hat industry spurred the westward...
This thesis examines Tse Keh Nay (Sekani) ethnic identity over three periods of Aboriginal-European relations: the fur trade period, the missionary period, and the treaty and reserve period. It examines the affects these three periods have had on the Tse Keh Nay as an ethnic group in four...
This manual attempts to summarize and highlight information to assist in defining species habitat relationships relevant to Alberta environments and for a number of Alberta wildlife species. The degree of specificity of the summaries, in part or whole, varies according to the background...