SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Afanas'yev, Dmytro
- 1Begam, Rowshon A
- 1Diether, Natalie E.
- 1Fayadh, Abdullah
- 1Field, Catherine J.
- 1Kandel, Krishna
- 13Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 13Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of
- 1Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of/Journal Articles (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1PigGen Canada
- 1PigGen Canada/Journal Articles
- 3Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science
- 3Department of Chemistry
- 1Centre for Neuroscience
- 1Department of Agricultural, Food, and Nutritional Science
- 1Department of Biological Sciences
- 1Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 1Baker, Glen B. (Psychiatry)
- 1Ball, Ron (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Ball, Ronald O. (Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Dr. Bradley Kerr (Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine)
- 1Good, Allen (Biological Sciences)
- 1Moehn, Soenke (Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
Amino acids are building blocks for protein synthesis and are essential to every metabolic process. A well-balanced diet is one in which all required amino acids are present in the food that is eaten. Unfortunately, this is not always the case and nutritional supplements can be used to make up...
Amino acid and biogenic amine concentrations during experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis and the disease-modifying effects of phenelzine treatmentDownload
The project described in this thesis began with a broad analysis of the changes to amino acid and biogenic amine concentrations in the central nervous system (CNS) during experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE) in mice, an animal model of Multiple Sclerosis (MS). That study identified...
Conformations of Some Amino Acids in Aqueous Solutions by Vibrational Circular Dichroism SpectroscopyDownload
Vibrational circular dichroism (VCD) spectroscopy has been utilized to reveal the detailed conformational distributions of the dominant serine species and leucine species in aqueous solutions under three representative pH conditions, together with vibrational absorption (VA) spectroscopy, density...
Evaluation of the threonine requirement and the bioavailability of threonine in feedstuffs in pregnant sowsDownload
Current recommendations for amino acid intake during pregnancy are for a constant amino acid intake throughout. However, the demand for amino acids changes from maternal tissue growth in early gestation to fetal, conceptus and mammary tissue development in late gestation. The availability of...
The distribution of amino acids (AAs) in plants is a complex process that involves 67 amino acid transporters (AATs) in Arabidopsis, many of which have yet to be characterized. The L-type Amino acid Transporter (LAT) family, which in Arabidopsis contains five members, remained uncharacterized in...
Protein fermentation by gut microbiota contributes significantly to the metabolite pool in the large intestine and may contribute to host amino acid balance. However, we have a limited understanding of the role that proteolytic metabolites have, both in the gut and in systemic circulation. A...
New role of glutamate as an immunoregulator via glutamate receptors and transporters.
Phenelzine is a monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor that has been used for the treatment of depression and anxiety disorders since the 1960s. In recent years, there has been renewed interest in this drug following reports of its neuroprotective properties in animal models of cerebral ischemia,...