SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Abedinifard, Morteza
- 1Brandvold, Sarah
- 1Goodine, Elliot J
- 1Gow, Gordon A. (Supervisor)
- 1Jagodzinski, John J.
- 1Landy, F
- 12Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 12Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Toolkit for Grant Success
- 1Toolkit for Grant Success/Successful Grants (Toolkit for Grant Success)
- 1Communications and Technology Graduate Program
- 1Communications and Technology Graduate Program/Capping Projects (Communications and Technology)
- 3Department of Philosophy
- 2Department of Sociology
- 1Department of Anthropology
- 1Department of Educational Policy Studies
- 1Department of Elementary Education
- 1Department of Modern Languages and Cultural Studies
This dissertation relies on the wager that we live in an age in which seemingly archaic religious symbols contribute to how people orient themselves, respond to, and explain things in the world. Drawing from Paul Ricoeur’s early texts on religion, symbolism, evil, and defilement, I analyze three...
CHASM: the spaces between is a live performance that exposes physical, visual, and aural intersections of liminality. My solo dance, alongside the work of acoustic collaborators Shawn Pinchbeck and Ian Crutchley, projectionist Patrick Arès-Pilon, and scenographer Guido Tondino, delves within the...
Tacit knowledge and tacit knowing are intricately bound with one another. They are the background to what is known explicitly. Polanyi’s ideas open a way to understanding how knowledge is known and questions the core of dualist thinking. These ideas conceptualize knowledge as constructed from...
Objectors to Hume’s sentimentalist moral theory charge that a system of morality grounded in sentiments cannot provide us with a set of standards that are stable across times and places. Hume addresses this worry in his appeal to what he calls the General Point of View, accounting for how we...
This is a book review of Hélène Cixous, (eds) Marta Segarra and Joana Masó, Poetry in Painting: Writings on Contemporary Arts and Aesthetics. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 2012.
Representations of Women in Cree Legal Educational Materials: An Indigenous Feminist Legal Theoretical AnalysisDownload
Indigenous laws are complexly gendered yet there is a lack of research on this subject. As the field of indigenous law is growing, and as indigenous laws are being revitalized, it is crucial that gender analyses be included given that law and decolonization politics are not disconnected from...
Mathematical theories and entities may be praised for many reasons: for their truth, certainty, depth, applicability, fruitfulness, and beauty. Of these virtues, some (truth, certainty, and to a lesser degree applicability) have received a great deal of philosophical scrutiny and analysis while...