SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Asomaning, Justice
- 1Fillmore, Natasha
- 1Hargreaves, Katharine Mary.
- 1McNamara, Allison M
- 1Mita, Raja
- 1Nagendran, Jeevan
- 3Department of Agricultural, Food, and Nutritional Science
- 2Department of Medicine
- 2Department of Oncology
- 2Department of Pharmacology
- 1Department of Food Science
- 1Department of Foods and Nutrition
- 1Ambrose, Divakar (Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Baker, Kristi (Oncology)
- 1Bressler, David C. (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Dyck, Jason RB (Pediatrics)/ McAlister, Finlay A (Medicine)
- 1Foxcroft, George (Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Godbout, Roseline (Oncology)
Patients diagnosed with malignant glioma tumours have median survivals of 1.6 yrs and 5 months, respectively, highlighting the deadly nature of this disease. Despite aggressive multimodal treatment, patients with malignant glioma often present with secondary brain tumours at sites distal to the...
All mammalian cells rely on adenosine triphosphate (ATP) to maintain function and for survival. The heart has the highest basal ATP demand of any organ due to the necessity for continuous contraction. As such, the ability of the cardiomyocyte to monitor cellular energy status and adapt the supply...
Litter birth weight phenotype and maternal n-3 long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation in pigsDownload
Research reported in this thesis investigated effects of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid (LCPUFA) supplementation, litter birth weight phenotype, and their possible interactions, on reproductive performance of the gilt and sow and postnatal performance of the litter. In an initial study, LCPUFA...
There are increasing social and economic pressures to develop renewable alternatives to fossil derived fuels and chemicals as well as renewable and biodegradable industrial and consumer products and materials. This has led to renewed focus on converting agricultural and forestry feedstocks...
Multiple sources suggest that insulin resistance and derangements of cardiac metabolism are among the earliest signs of type-2 diabetes detected in the heart. Unfortunately, limited evidence reflects early changes in cardiac mitochondrial metabolism linked to the development of this disease....