SearchSkip to Search Results
- 23Nursing, Faculty of
- 19Nursing, Faculty of/Chronicity
- 15Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 15Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 3Rehabilitation Medicine, Faculty of
- 3Nursing, Faculty of/Health Equity
- 5Faculty of Nursing
- 3Department of Psychology
- 2Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
- 2Department of Educational Psychology
- 1Department of Biochemistry
- 1Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology
Understanding How Day Programs Work as Care in the Community for People Living with Dementia and their FamiliesDownload
In Canada, most people living with dementia live at home, with family, friends and neighbours providing most of the care. While often mentioned in policy as an ideal, it seems that ‘care in the community’ is much more elusive to implement in practice for people with dementia and their families....
An understanding of the ways that rural community dwelling individuals with dementia (IWDs) are, and prefer to be, involved in their decision-making could help caregivers maximize IWDs’ contribution to their decisions and could thus improve their care. This qualitative secondary analysis used an...