SearchSkip to Search Results
- 328Hill Times Publishing
- 261Toronto Stock Exchange
- 47Boardex Relationship Capital Management
- 40Dolphin Media Inc.
- 40Dolphin, Ric
- 33McNally, Michael
- 328Canada-- Parliament-- Periodicals
- 250Toronto Stock Exchange--Periodicals
- 249Stock exchanges--Canada--Tables--Periodicals
- 97Canada-- Politics and government-- Periodicals
- 97Diplomats-- Ontario-- Ottawa-- Newspapers
- 97International relations-- Newspapers
- 860Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 860Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 697University of Alberta Libraries Licensed Resources
- 249University of Alberta Libraries Licensed Resources/Daily Record (Toronto Stock Exchange)
- 231University of Alberta Libraries Licensed Resources/Parliament Now
- 97University of Alberta Libraries Licensed Resources/The Hill Times
- 108Research Material
- 61Conference/Workshop Poster
- 53Article (Published)
- 96Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 63Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 62Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 58Department of Computing Science
- 51Department of Mechanical Engineering
- 41Department of Biological Sciences
meta-Aminophenols are formed by the action of DBU on 3-amino-2-chlorocyclohex-2-en-1-ones at room temperature in MeCN. The chloro compounds are generated by treating 3- aminocyclohex-2-en-1-ones with the easily prepared halogenating agent BnNMe3.ICl2 in MeOHCH2Cl2. The amino group must carry two...
Role of Asphaltene in Stability of Water-in-oil Model Emulsions: The Effects of Oil Composition and Size of the Aggregates and DropletsDownload
Water-in-oil (W/O) emulsions are the most common type of emulsions handled in petroleum processes. It is thought that the field emulsions are primarily stabilized by asphaltene-resin micelles and several research works have studied the stability mechanisms of asphaltene in crude emulsions....
The mountain pine beetle (Dendroctonus ponderosae Hopkins) (Coleoptera: Curculionidae) is a significant destructive force in the pine forests of western Canada and has the capacity to spread east into a novel host tree species, jack pine (Pinaceae). New populations have been documented in central...
Wildfire management agencies are increasingly interested in the efficiency of wildfire suppression as they work to protect human lives and communities from wildfire damages under constrained management budgets. In Alberta, climate change is expected to increase the length of the wildfire season...
This dissertation demonstrates the importance of recovering the work of nineteenth-century Dissenting women whose life and writing have been overshadowed and minimized by their husband’s pastoral ministry. Specifically, it examines the textual work of Susannah Spurgeon (1832-1903), wife of the...
"Socializing is my favourite": Analyzing the interplay between shyness, verbal irony use, and stereotype perceptionDownload
This thesis investigates the relationship between levels of shyness, verbal irony use, and the presence and influence of associated stereotypes. Although recent studies of personality and figurative language have addressed varying research questions, there has been little direct exploration of...
Library work is emotional. As the increasingly social role of the library redefines expectations of service, the challenges of working in libraries become greater than ever. The American Library Association emphasizes the social, economic, and educational role of the 21st century library to help...
The concept of ‘winter cities’ speaks to a particular relationship between place and winter. However, winter cities are largely under examined in urban research, particularly Canadian cities. This thesis asks what type of place is a winter city and what types of placemaking occur in this context?...
SSHRC IDG awarded 2021: The study of language attitudes and their development is an interdisciplinary field of research, at the intersection of psychology, sociolinguistics, and speech-language pathology. To examine attitudes towards French dialects, we formed an interdisciplinary team with...