SearchSkip to Search Results
- 332Hill Times Publishing
- 262Toronto Stock Exchange
- 47Boardex Relationship Capital Management
- 40Dolphin Media Inc.
- 40Dolphin, Ric
- 33McNally, Michael
- 328Canada-- Parliament-- Periodicals
- 251Toronto Stock Exchange--Periodicals
- 250Stock exchanges--Canada--Tables--Periodicals
- 97Canada-- Politics and government-- Periodicals
- 97Diplomats-- Ontario-- Ottawa-- Newspapers
- 97International relations-- Newspapers
- 925Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 925Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 700University of Alberta Libraries Licensed Resources
- 250University of Alberta Libraries Licensed Resources/Daily Record (Toronto Stock Exchange)
- 231University of Alberta Libraries Licensed Resources/Parliament Now
- 97University of Alberta Libraries Licensed Resources/The Hill Times
- 140Research Material
- 88Article (Published)
- 61Conference/Workshop Poster
- 96Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 69Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 68Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 60Department of Mechanical Engineering
- 58Department of Computing Science
- 45Department of Biological Sciences
Dense water formation on the Icelandic shelf and its contribution to the North Icelandic JetDownload
Garcia-Quintana, Yarisbel, Grivault, Nathan, Hu, Xianmin, Myers, Paul G.
The North Icelandic Jet (NIJ) is the densest component of the Denmark Strait Overflow Water, feeding the abyssal limb of the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation. Here, by using observational and numerical model data, we explore the formation of overflow water on the Icelandic shelf, the...
Szymor-Pietrzak, Damian, Khan, Muhammad N., Pagès, Anaïs, Kumar, Ajay, Depner, Noah, Clive, Derrick L. J.
meta-Aminophenols are formed by the action of DBU on 3-amino-2-chlorocyclohex-2-en-1-ones at room temperature in MeCN. The chloro compounds are generated by treating 3- aminocyclohex-2-en-1-ones with the easily prepared halogenating agent BnNMe3.ICl2 in MeOHCH2Cl2. The amino group must carry two...
Role of Asphaltene in Stability of Water-in-oil Model Emulsions: The Effects of Oil Composition and Size of the Aggregates and DropletsDownload
Water-in-oil (W/O) emulsions are the most common type of emulsions handled in petroleum processes. It is thought that the field emulsions are primarily stabilized by asphaltene-resin micelles and several research works have studied the stability mechanisms of asphaltene in crude emulsions....
Simple and Robust Algorithm for Multiphase Equilibrium Computations at Temperature and Volume SpecificationsDownload
Lu, Chang, Jin, Zhehui, Li, Huazhou, Xu, Lingfei
Two-phase and three-phase equilibria are frequently encountered in a variety of industrial processes, such as carbon dioxide (CO2) injection for enhanced oil recovery in oil reservoirs, multiphase separation in surface separators, and multiphase flow in wellbores and pipelines. Simulation and...
Shegelski, Victor A., Campbell, Erin O., Thompson, Kirsten M., Whitehouse, Caroline M., Sperling, Felix A. H.
The mountain pine beetle (Dendroctonus ponderosae Hopkins) (Coleoptera: Curculionidae) is a significant destructive force in the pine forests of western Canada and has the capacity to spread east into a novel host tree species, jack pine (Pinaceae). New populations have been documented in central...
The Technical Efficiency of Wildfire Suppression in Alberta, Canada: A Stochastic Frontier AnalysisDownload
Wildfire management agencies are increasingly interested in the efficiency of wildfire suppression as they work to protect human lives and communities from wildfire damages under constrained management budgets. In Alberta, climate change is expected to increase the length of the wildfire season...
"Pointing Wayfarers to the Right Road": Puritan Dissent and the Textual Work of Susannah SpurgeonDownload
This dissertation demonstrates the importance of recovering the work of nineteenth-century Dissenting women whose life and writing have been overshadowed and minimized by their husband’s pastoral ministry. Specifically, it examines the textual work of Susannah Spurgeon (1832-1903), wife of the...
"Socializing is my favourite": Analyzing the interplay between shyness, verbal irony use, and stereotype perceptionDownload
This thesis investigates the relationship between levels of shyness, verbal irony use, and the presence and influence of associated stereotypes. Although recent studies of personality and figurative language have addressed varying research questions, there has been little direct exploration of...
Rodger, Joanne, Erickson, Norene
Library work is emotional. As the increasingly social role of the library redefines expectations of service, the challenges of working in libraries become greater than ever. The American Library Association emphasizes the social, economic, and educational role of the 21st century library to help...