SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Afanas'yev, Dmytro
- 1Akin, Oguz
- 1Bandara, Nandika Priyantha
- 1Beres, Brian
- 1Chan, Jacky Tin Yan
- 1Chen, Xue
- 3Temelli, Feral (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 3Wu, Jianping (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 2Betti, Mirko (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 2Moore, Stephen (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 2Proctor, Spencer (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 2Saldana, Marleny (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
Competition with weeds decreases crop yields globally. Some traits are known to confer a competitive advantage to spring bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.), but complex relationships between the competitive traits makes breeding for competitive ability difficult. Prairie organic producers use...
The hypolipidemic benefits of trans-11 vaccenic acid in a rat model of dyslipidemia and metabolic syndromeDownload
Trans-11 vaccenic acid (VA) is the predominant trans fatty acid in dairy fat and is the major precursor to endogenous synthesis of cis9,trans11-conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) in humans and animals. Epidemiological studies have shown the positive association between trans fat intake and incidence...
The role of functional properties of dietary fiber in the control of nutrient flow and intestinal health in pigsDownload
Viscosity and fermentability are considered important properties of dietary fiber. Viscosity increases digesta viscosity and reduces digesta passage rate, nutrient digestion and absorption whereas fermentability increases fermentation into short chain fatty acids (SCFA). The objectives were to...
A whole genome scan was conducted to identify and fine map QTL regions for ultrasound and carcass merit traits in beef cattle. A total of 465 steers and bulls, genotyped for 4592 SNPs, were analysed for 16 ultrasound and carcass merit traits using interval mapping, single marker regression and...