SearchSkip to Search Results
- 3University of Alberta Libraries
- 3University of Alberta Libraries/Libraries Staff Publications
- 1Forum for Information Professionals
- 1Forum for Information Professionals/FIP 2019
- 1Communications and Technology Graduate Program
- 1Communications and Technology Graduate Program/Capping Projects (Communications and Technology)
According to Food Banks Canada, over 4 million Canadians are food insecure. But what does food insecurity actually mean, and how does it impact our community? Food insecurity is a complex web of social challenges that goes beyond income level. Education, ability, location and community are just...
This article looks at librarianship from a Marxist economic perspective, arguing that crises within the profession are due to material changes in the organization of production and labour relations. These changes are part of a transition from one “regime of accumulation” (industrial, Fordist,...
Final report to CLA Executive Council on the project National Statistical and Values Profile of Canadian Libraries. The report consists of an Executive Summary of findings and methodologies for each of the two principal components of the project—library statistics and library value—together with...
Academic libraries have recently seen a shift from self-management of user-authentication of licensed resources themselves, to cloud-based implementations of "federated identity" technologies. Such technologies aim to solve the problems of fragile access to licensed resources while also better...