SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Campbell, Kathryn J. (Supervisor)
- 1Chu, Kai Wah Samuel
- 1Curry, Ann (Supervisor)
- 1Du, Helen
- 1King, Martina
- 1Lee, Crystal Carwin
- 3Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 3Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 2Communications and Technology Graduate Program
- 2Communications and Technology Graduate Program/Capping Projects (Communications and Technology)
- 1School of Library and Information Studies
- 1School of Library and Information Studies/Journal Articles (Library & Information Studies)
A Pediatric Nurse Practitioner's initiative to support parents of children undergoing neurosurgical care: The Neurosurgery Kids Fund Website EvaluationDownload
Parent with children undergoing neurosurgery need access to specialized information as well as support resources. The public is becoming more active in managing their own health care and they often turn to the Internet as a starting point in their quest for health information resources. The...
Is What You See What You Get? Exploring the Role of Virtual Reference Icons on Academic Library WebsitesDownload
The goal of this study is to better understand academic library design, selection, and use of web icons. An additional goal is to discover some of the possible consequences of icon design decisions for student users. This research is meant to help library staff better understand the factors...
Old Communication – New Means: The Linguistic Study of Ukrainian Orthodox Church and Ukrainian Greek-Catholic Church WebsitesDownload
This dissertation is concerned with the communicative potential of websites. The World Wide Web is a relatively new locale for communication on which an increasing number of users rely daily in Canada and in Ukraine. However, up to the present time there has been no unified framework for the...
This study draws upon the work of Golder and Huberman (2005) and examines the users’ behaviour of two social bookmarking websites, Delicious and Connotea, by analyzing over 200,000 bookmarks from each website. The study also explores the cause(s) for similarity and difference in the behaviour of...