SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Adamowicz, Wiktor
- 2Luckert, Martin K.
- 1Badiozamani Tari Nazari, Mohammad Mahdi
- 1Dosman, Donna
- 1Edwards, Elizabeth
- 1Fulthorpe, Roberta
- 2Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology, Department of
- 2Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology, Department of/Staff Papers (Resource Economics & Environmental Sociology)
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Sustainable Forest Management Network
- 1Sustainable Forest Management Network/Project Reports (Sustainable Forest Management Network)
A strategic mine planning model determines the best order of extraction and destination of material over the mine-life, in a way that maximizes the net present value of the produced minerals. In case of oil sands open-pit mining, further processing of the extracted oil sands generates massive...
Development of Optimum Locations and Scales for an Integrated Multi-feedstock Waste-to-value-added Facility through Geographical Information System ModellingDownload
Biomass and municipal solid waste (MSW) management have received significant attention globally of late. This study is focused on the utilization of lignocellulosic biomass (agricultural and forest residue) and MSW. The potentials of lignocellulosic biomass and MSW are used to determine the...
Solid waste management: environmental evaluation of land-applied pulp mill biosolids: monitoring the fate of sludge constituents in forest ecosystems and assessing the impact using ecologically-relevant organisms: executive summaryDownload
Canadians produced 1 tonne of solid waste per capita in 1988 (CCME 1989). This level of solid waste production places Canada among the largest producers of solid waste per capita in the world. Due to decreasing landfill capacity, and the increasing cost of solid waste disposal in landfills to 50%...
Solid waste management is becoming less a matter of personal household initiative and more an institutionalized system of legislation and programs. In order to decrease the amount of waste that is produced, discarded, and disposed of (landfilled or incinerated), governments, non-profit...