SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2PLACES Platform on Cities Engagement and Space
- 1PLACES Platform on Cities Engagement and Space/The Idea of Place: Space and Culture 20th Anniversary Conference
- 1PLACES Platform on Cities Engagement and Space/Working Papers
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
he first suburb of Edmonton, the capital of the oil-rich western Canadian prairie province of Alberta, was arguably the Federal Government of Canada's Papaschase Indian reservation 163. Situated inconveniently close to the settlement of Edmonton-Strathcona that had grown up around a Hudson's Bay...
What does it mean to describe a journal as an intellectual spaces? What does it mean to create a literary and public space, such as a journal, for reflecting on culture as itself a form of space? This has entailed grasping culture in its topological sense as relational, which brings to bear...
The Suburban Imaginary: Ambivalence, Strangeness, and the Everyday in Contemporary Representations of the SuburbDownload
This thesis is about the suburban imaginary. It is concerned with the way the suburb is imagined and what insights this imaginary might enable. It offers a definition of the suburban imaginary as being a culturally and historically located set of meanings, expectations, images, and ideas about...