SearchSkip to Search Results
- 6Soil temperature
- 1Alternative establishment systems
- 1Application rate
- 1Carrera-Hernández, J. J.
- 1Devito, K.J.
- 1Forsch, Katryna B C
- 1Goehing, Jeannine
- 1Irving, B. D.
- 1Landhaeusser, S. M.
- 3Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 3Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative
- 1Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative/Journal Articles & Research Abstracts (Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative)
- 1Sustainable Forest Management Network
- 1Sustainable Forest Management Network/Project Reports (Sustainable Forest Management Network)
The effects of different vegetation control practices on tree-weed interactions and associated establishment and early tree growth were investigated in 1-3 year old hybrid poplar plantations containing Walker poplar (Populus deltoides x (P. laurifolia x P. nigra)) and its progeny Okanese poplar...
Numerical experiments were developed using different water table depths and soil textures to investigate the impact of aspen harvesting on hydrological processes on the Western Boreal Plain. The effect of harvesting on soil moisture dynamics, fluxes at the water table, and water table fluctuation...
Project Report 2002-6
Oil Sands Reclamation With Woody Debris Using LFH Mineral Soil Mix And Peat Mineral Soil Mix Cover Soils: Impacts On Select Soil And Vegetation PropertiesDownload
Prior to mining oil sands, soil is salvaged for reclamation and forest stands are harvested for their merchantable timber. Harvest operations leave large amounts of residual woody debris, which has been historically burned or mulched. Woody debris has significant ecological effects and can be...