SearchSkip to Search Results
- 8Social change
- 1British Columbia, New Brunswick
- 1Canada, Alberta, Edmonton
- 1Canada, Alberta, Vegreville
- 1Cohn, Julius Edward Michael.
- 1Gill, Dhara S.
- 1Gottlieb, Elaine M.
- 1Kisko, Adrienne
- 1Mahdavi, Mojtaba
- 1Muchena, Amson W.
- 4Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 4Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 2Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology, Department of
- 1Edmonton Social Planning Council (ESPC)
- 1Edmonton Social Planning Council (ESPC)/Voluntarism (Edmonton Social Planning Council)
- 1Political Science, Department of
In the process of social change communities are impacted by internal and external forces which may threaten their existence as social entities. In an attempt to understand these processes much of the research into community attachment has focused on the relationship between social bonds and local...
Community Response to Forestry Transition in Rural Canada: Analysis of Media and Census Data for Six Case Study Communities in New Brunswick and British ColumbiaDownload
The forest economy is in transition across Canada. Faced with high dollar values, increasing competition within the global market, high input costs for energy, labour and fibre, and growing expectations for environmental performance, the forest sector is undergoing significant economic...
People living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHAs) in South Africa experience a stigmatised HIV status which threatens to supplant their prior identities. This compounds the marginalization on multiple social levels experienced by those most vulnerable to infection as they cope with associations of death and...