SearchSkip to Search Results
- 7Canada--Nunavut (NWT)-- [Arviat [Eskimo Point]]
- 5Landscapes (Representations)
- 3Canada--Nunavut [NWT]-- [Arviat [Eskimo Point]]
- 17Halpern, Joel Martin
- 1Boutin, S.
- 1Brachman, R. W. I.
- 1Burgess-Pinto, Elizabeth
- 1Chaudhuri, Sheel
- 1Choczynska, J.
- 17Joel Martin Halpern Image Archive
- 17Joel Martin Halpern Image Archive/Northern North America Collection
- 6Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 6Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering Program
- 1Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering Program/Journal Articles (Geotechnical & Geoenvironmental Engineering)
Skilled worker immigrants can encounter many challenges as they settle in Canada. For individuals facing adversity, hope often helps in facing and overcoming difficulties (Edey & Jevne, 2003). The purpose of this study was to explore how the hope of skilled worker immigrants changed during their...
A study was conducted to evaluate the properties and processes influencing the rate and magnitude of volume decrease and strength gain for oil sand fine tailings resulting from a change in bitumen extraction process (caustic versus non-caustic) and the effect of adding a coagulant to caustic fine...
South Asians in Canada are increasingly using the Family Class immigration category to sponsor spouses from their home countries. This qualitative study examined the steps family-sponsored spouses and their sponsors or family members have taken to facilitate their linguistic, economic, social,...
Culture and the healthy immigrant effect: a multiethnic study of Canadian immigrants' self-perceived healthDownload
I present a qualitative study investigating the self-perceived health of recently arrived Canadian immigrants. The study develops health promotion’s understanding of culture as a social determinant of health, and conceptually locates it within a broader context of psychosocial factors. The study...
Abstract: An integrated approach to estimate liquefaction-induced ground settlements using CPT data for sites with level ground is presented. The approach combines an existing CPT-based method to estimate liquefaction resistance with laboratory test results on clean sand to evaluate the...