SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Alternative energy
- 1Chirped-pulse amplification
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Department of
- 1Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Earth and Atmospheric Sciences)
- 1Biochemistry, Department of
- 1Biochemistry, Department of/Journal Articles (Biochemistry)
The Na+/H+ exchanger isoform 1 (NHE1) is an integral membrane protein that regulates intracellular pH by extruding an intracellular H+ in exchange for one extracellular Na+. The human NHE1 isoform is involved in heart disease and cell growth and proliferation. Although details of NHE1 regulation...
Effect of a variable eddy transfer coefficient in an eddy-permitting model of the subpolar North Atlantic OceanDownload
The effect of using a variable eddy transfer coefficient for the Gent–McWilliams (GM) parameterization in a (1/3)°-resolution ocean model of the subpolar North Atlantic Ocean is investigated. Results from four experiments with different implementations of this coefficient are compared among...
Fast ignition (FI) decouples the compression and ignition in normal Inertial Confinement Fusion schemes, and can rely on hot electron transport to ignite the compressed core. In order to study electron transport, characteristic K-alpha X-ray emission from copper tracer layers is often employed. A...
Megavoltage computed tomography (MVCT) and megavoltage cone beam computed tomography can be used for visualizing anatomical structures prior to radiation therapy treatments to assist in patient setup and target localization. These systems provide images using the same beam used for patient...