SearchSkip to Search Results
- 3Qualitative Research
- 2Community-Based Participatory Research
- 2First Nations
- 2North American
- 1Alexander First Nation
- 1Ball, Geoff D.
- 1Birchall, S. Jeff
- 1Fehderau, David D.
- 1Genuis, Shelagh K.
- 1Holt, Nicholas L.
- 2Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of
- 2Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of/Journal Articles (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Department of
- 1Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Earth and Atmospheric Sciences)
Feasibility study of asset mapping with children: Identifying how the community environment shapes activity and food choices in Alexander First NationDownload
Introduction: It is estimated that First Nations children living on reserves are 4.5 times more likely to be obese than Canadian children in general. Many First Nations children living on reserves have limited healthy food and physical activity options. Understanding how community factors...
Objective. To examine the contribution of student co-researchers to a community-based participatory Photovoice investigation of Indigenous children’s food-related lived experience. We examine co-researchers’ contributions to the research process, their role in knowledge co-generation and...
Qualitative Inquiry as a Method to Extract Personal Experiences: Approach to research into organizational climate change mitigationDownload
Climate change and solutions to solving this wicked problem require a mixed methods research approach that draws on quantitative and qualitative inquiry together. The purpose of this article is to demonstrate the applicability (and effectiveness) of a mixed methods approach applied to research...