SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1University of Alberta Celebration of Research and Innovation
- 1University of Alberta Celebration of Research and Innovation/2010 2nd Annual Celebration of Research and Innovation
- 1Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)
- 1Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)/Successful Grants Library (SSHRC)
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
In this thesis, I use Foucault’s methods of discourse analysis and genealogy, and my own experiences as a Paralympic athlete, to analyze and critique the power relations of the Paralympic Movement. In Chapter 1, I contextualize my study by discussing relevant literature in Critical Disability...
SSHRC IDG awarded 2016: The project will conduct a critical disability analysis of the discourses and practices of disability inclusion within a wide range of sport and recreation programs in Canada. 'Inclusive movement programs' have been internationally championed as a basic right of people...
The article reviews the book "Athlete First: A History of the Paralympic Movement" by Steve Bailey.