SearchSkip to Search Results
- 6Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 6Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 5Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative
- 5Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative/Journal Articles & Research Abstracts (Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative)
- 1Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)
- 1Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/OSRIN Technical Reports
- 2Dr. Mohamed Gamal El-Din (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 2Gamal El-Din, Mohamed (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 1Belosevic, Miodrag (Biological Sciences)
- 1Dr. Yang Liu (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 1Liu, Yang (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 1Mohamed Gamal El-Din (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
Application of Anoxic-Aerobic Membrane Bioreactors (MBRs) for Oil Sands Process-Affected Water (OSPW) TreatmentDownload
The enormous volumes of oil sands process-affected water (OSPW) produced during oil sands bitumen extraction have been a public concern due to the toxicity and persistence of the organic contaminants contained in the water. Among all the contaminants in OSPW, naphthenic acids (NAs) are regarded...
Application of Ozone and Peroxone Processes for Naphthenic Acids Degradation in Oil Sands Process-Affected Water: Characterization of Water Before and After TreatmentDownload
Appling ozone (O3) with high doses (>100 mg/L) to remove naphthenic acids (NAs) from oil sands process-affected water (OSPW); limits its application and feasibility in the OSPW remediation. To decrease the required doses and their associated costs, this study examined the application of ozone...
The oil sands process-affected water (OSPW) generated from bitumen extraction of oil sands by industries in Northern Alberta, Canada, is a great environmental concern because of the OSPW toxicity in the environment. This toxicity has been attributed to a group of alicyclic and aliphatic compounds...
Effect of molecular structure on the relative reactivity of naphthenic acids in the UV/H2O2 advanced oxidation process
Effects of ozone and Ozone/Hydrogen peroxide on the degradation of model and real oil-sands-process-affected-water naphthenic acids
Impact of ozonation on naphthenic acids speciation and toxicity of oil sands process-affected water to vibrio fischeri and mammalian immune system
Misfolded prions (PrPSc) are well known for their resistance to conventional decontamination processes. The potential risk of contamination of the water environment, as a result of the disposal of specified risk materials (SRM), has raised public concerns. Ozone is commonly utilized in the water...
Novel Plasma Based Technology for Treatment of Emerging Contaminants in Water: Understanding Physiochemical Processes and ApplicationsDownload
Indiscriminate and widespread disposal of pharmaceutical compounds, dye molecules, and pesticides in to water resources pose a serious threat to the quality of drinking water. A critical need exists for developing novel practical, efficient, and cost effective water treatments for remediation of...
Ozone treatment ameliorates oil sands process water toxicity to the mammalian immune system
The accumulation of mature fine tailings (MFT) in tailings ponds with very slow natural consolidation rate has been a concern for decades. Previous studies and current practices for tailings consolidation focus on the addition of various inorganic and organic additives to reduce MFT production...