SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Alberta Centre for Reclamation and Restoration Ecology (ACRRE)
- 1Alberta Centre for Reclamation and Restoration Ecology (ACRRE)/ACRRE Research Notes
- 1Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative
- 1Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative/Journal Articles & Research Abstracts (Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative)
An experimental facility was constructed in order to examine the feasibility of the coal bio-conversion under the application of confining pressure. The main purpose of this work was to investigate the effect of confining pressure on methane generation. Core-flooding experiments were conducted...
Quality control and construction methods for an oil sands overburden tailings dam in the Albertan Oil Sands can differ from these conventional construction methods due to two governing factors: A high overburden to ore ratio with a complex geology requiring significant waste management effort and...
Oil sands mining removes large areas of vegetation and soil across the landscape, thus post-mining reclamation requires the development of reconstructed soils to support tree growth. These reconstructed soils are generally made up of a top layer of peat mineral soil mix, and an underlying layer...
Textural interfaces affected the distribution of roots, water, and nutrients in some reconstructed forest soils in the athabasca oil sands region