SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Department of
- 1Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Earth and Atmospheric Sciences)
- 1Biological Sciences, Department of
- 1Biological Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Biological Sciences)
For drops sessile on a solid surface, cross flowing air can drive drop oscillation or shedding, based on the balance and interaction of aerodynamic drag force (based on drop size/shape and air speed) and adhesion/capillary forces (based on surface tension and drop size/shape). Better...
Can the solar cycle and climate synchronize the snowshoe hare cycle in Canada? Evidence from tree rings and ice coresDownload
Dark marks in the rings of white spruce less than 50 yr old in Yukon, Canada, are correlated with the number of stems browsed by snowshoe hares. The frequency of these marks is positively correlated with the density of hares in the same region. The frequency of marks in trees germinating between...
Oscillations are a fundamental principle of neural operation, organized into a hierarchy of frequency bands with the dominant rhythm alternating within and across behavioral states. During states of sleep and anesthesia, brain activity in forebrain regions displays two major distinct activity...
Impact of extended NAO buoyancy forcing on the subpolar North Atlantic and climate variability over the last milleniumDownload
We examine the impact of forcing a regional eddy-permitting ocean model of the subpolar North Atlantic with anomalous buoyancy fluxes corresponding to extended extreme states of the North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO). We find a weakened (enhanced) Meridional Overturning Circulation (MOC) in our low...