SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Anti-inflammatory agents
- 2Peripheral Blood Smear
- 2Romanowsky Stain
- 2Gloria Kwon
- 2Valentin Villatoro (Supervisor)
- 1Al-Zahrani, Fatimah
- 1Antunes, L. Caetano M.
- 1Ferreira, Rosana B. R.
- 1Finlay, B. Brett
- 3Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 3Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 2Medicine and Dentistry, Faculty of
- 2Medicine and Dentistry, Faculty of/Medical Laboratory Science, Division of
- 1Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of
- 1Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of/Journal Articles (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
The intestinal microbiota has been found to play a central role in the colonization of Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium in the gastrointestinal tract. In this study, we present a novel process through which Salmonella benefit from inflammatory induced changes in the microbiota in order to...
The inflammatory response is a complex biological process initiated following the recognition of noxious stimuli. It is composed of an elaborate cascade of both pro- and anti-inflammatory mediators, essential for effective defenses against infection, the removal of damaged cells, and the...