SearchSkip to Search Results
- 4Library and information studies
- 2Digital humanities
- 1Academic libraries
- 1Data curation
- 1Data science
- 2Forum for Information Professionals
- 1Forum for Information Professionals/FIP 2018
- 1Forum for Information Professionals/FIP 2014
- 1University of Alberta Libraries
- 1University of Alberta Libraries/Libraries Staff Instructional Materials
- 1School of Library and Information Studies
Ethics, to Do or Not to Do?: Exploring Frameworks for Library and Information Ethics and Data EthicsDownload
This paper compares the 2012 International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions’ Code of Ethics for Librarians and Other Information Workers and the 2013 Data Science Association’s Data Science Code of Professional Conduct and discusses the disjuncture and related considerations...
Image processing and analysis has been used in the sciences since before the advent of the personal computer, beginning as early as the 1920s (Gonzalez & Woods, 2002, p. 3-4). The need to improve image quality spurred the beginnings of scientific image processing, in which images are prepared...
Insights from the performing arts for information professionals who teach
This presentation critiques the discourse of teacher-as-entertainer and examines five elements from the performing arts that can provide meaningful insights for information professionals who teach: physicality, defining the situation, extemporizing, scripts, and acting.