SearchSkip to Search Results
- 3Intellectual property
- 13D printing
- 1Crown copyright
- 1Fair Dealing Week
- 1Government licences
- 1University of Alberta Libraries
- 1University of Alberta Libraries/Libraries Staff Publications
- 1School of Library and Information Studies
- 1School of Library and Information Studies/Journal Articles (Library & Information Studies)
- 1University of Alberta Copyright Office
- 1University of Alberta Copyright Office/Fair Dealing Week 2016
Despite Government of Canada commitments to Open Government initiatives, Section 12 of the Copyright Act specifies that any work prepared or published by the Canadian government is subject to crown copyright. This means that substantial reproduction of government information beyond fair dealing...
Intellectual Property, Makerspaces and 3D Printing
The session examines the issues raised by makerspaces in the context of Canadian intellectual property law. Questions addressed include: what responsibilities to librarians have under trademark law and the Patent Act; what are the copyright implications of makerspace technologies; what role does...