SearchSkip to Search Results
- 5Gender minorities
- 5Inclusive education
- 5Sexual minorities
- 5Sexual minority students
- 4Queer youth
- 5Institute for Sexual Minority Studies and Services (iSMSS)
- 5Institute for Sexual Minority Studies and Services (iSMSS)/Outreach Materials (iSMSS)
- 5Equity Diversity Inclusion Community (EDI)
- 5Equity Diversity Inclusion Community (EDI)/Presentations and Outreach Materials (Equity Diversity Inclusion)
- 4Wells, Kristopher
- 1Allan, Carol
- 1Canadian Teachers' Federation
- 1Children's Services and Education
- 1Public Health Agency of Canada
- 1Roberts, Gayle
Within the past several weeks, seven young men in the United States and two young women in Canada have tragically committed suicide due to homophobic bullying, harassment, and societal prejudice. Research indicates that suicide is the number one cause of death amongst gay, lesbian, and bisexual...
The role of the modern school counsellor is increasingly complex, multifaceted and vital in the creation of healthy, vibrant and resilient schools. Because of their diversity of experiences, school counsellors are in a unique role to be leading change agents and advocates for inclusion, human...
Homophobic bullying is defined as bullying behaviours that are motivated by prejudice against a person’s actual or perceived sexual orientation or gender. You don’t have to be a sexual minority to identity. You don’t have to be a sexual minority to become a target. For example, while using...
First published in 1994 and revised in 2003 and 2008, the Public Health Agency of Canada’s Canadian Guidelines for Sexual Health Education (Guidelines) were developed to assist professionals working in the area of health promotion and sexual health education in programming which supports positive...
The Canadian Teachers’ Federation continues to support the right of all students, teachers, and parents to a safe, inclusive, and welcoming school environment. The learning atmosphere of a school is dependent on a broad environment of social interaction within a diverse community of human...