SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Toolkit for Grant Success
- 1Toolkit for Grant Success/Successful Grants (Toolkit for Grant Success)
- 1The Alberta Consortium for Motivation and Emotion (ACME)
- 1The Alberta Consortium for Motivation and Emotion (ACME)/Conference Presentations (ACME)
SSHRC Awarded IDG 2018: Gay-Straight Alliances (GSAs) are a recent development in Canadian schools. These student-led clubs aim to promote positive youth development. They, and the recent legislation enabling them, are controversial. There is a need for research on the roles and effects of GSAs....
Queering High School: An Ethnodramatic Inqueery on Youth Experiences of Homophobic, Biphobic and Transphobic Harassment and BullyingDownload
“Queering High School,” was a queer ethnodrama on the lived experience of LGBTQ youth in Alberta high schools that explored their experiences of homophobia, biphobia and transphobia. This ethnodrama, conducted through a queer lens, which I refer to as an ethnodramatic inqueery, was grounded in...
Abstract Literature has the power to change lives. Most English teachers trust this to be true. But while there are numerous arguments, of varying merit, that defend literature on cognitive grounds, few studies convincingly point to the underlying mechanisms of what makes it ‘work,’ or explain...