SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Naeth, M.A.
- 1Barszczewski, Sara Janina Bodnar
- 1Berry, D. P.
- 1Bietz, J.
- 1Bork, E. W.
- 1Bork, Edward W.
- 9Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 9Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 2Alberta Centre for Reclamation and Restoration Ecology (ACRRE)
- 2Alberta Centre for Reclamation and Restoration Ecology (ACRRE)/TransCanada Historical Research Reports
- 2Roy Berg Kinsella Research Ranch
- 2Roy Berg Kinsella Research Ranch/Journal Articles (Kinsella Ranch)
- 1Bork, Edward (Agricultural, Food, and Nutritional Science)
- 1Bork, Edward (Agriculture, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Bork, Edward (Agriculture, Food, & Nutritional Science)
- 1Bork, Edward W (Agricultural, Food, and Nutritional Sciences)
- 1Cahill, James F Jr (Biological Sciences)
- 1Carlyle, Cameron
International genetic evaluations for feed intake in dairy cattle through the collation of data from multiple sourcesDownload
Coffey, M. P., Løvendahl, P., Wang, Z., de Haas, Y., Krattenmacher, N., Berry, D. P., Crowley, J. J., Pryce, J. E., Veerkamp, R. F., Weigel, K., Macdonald, K., Spurlock, D.
Feed represents a large proportion of the variable costs in dairy production systems. The omission of feed intake measures explicitly from national dairy cow breeding objectives is predominantly due to a lack of information from which to make selection decisions. However, individual cow feed...
Irving, B.D., Fedkenheuer, A.W., Bietz, J., Naeth, M.A., Lees, A.T.
Field sites for this study were established in 1987 shortly after the completion of construction of two pipelines in southern Alberta. The Dry Mixed Grass and Mixed Grass Ecoregions (Milo Pipeline Lateral) and the Aspen Parkland, Montane and Fescue Grassland Ecoregions (Porcupine Hills Lateral)...
Simulated Livestock Soil Compaction, Plant Defoliation and Litter Removal Effects on Extracellular Enzyme Activity and Vegetation Across a Moisture Gradient in Southern Alberta, CanadaDownload
Barszczewski, Sara Janina Bodnar
Preservation of grasslands is vital for the continuation of the numerous ecosystem goods and services (EG&S) provided by these ecosystems, including forage for livestock, nutrient cycling, carbon sequestration and habitat for flora and fauna. All EG&S in grasslands are supported by microbial...
Rangelands, a natural ecosystem widespread in Canada, are an important source of land for animal production. Around 26 million ha of rangelands are utilized for beef production and in Alberta, this ecosystem accounts for 6.6 million ha which provides up to 50% of total forage for livestock. To...
In 1981, a study was initiated near Princess, Alberta to evaluate single-lift pipeline construction impacts on Solonetzic mixed prairie rangeland. In August 1991, a further evaluation of the study sites was conducted to determine the longevity of the changes that took place on the 1981...
The effects of defoliation on growth, reproduction and pollination of a non-native legume (Astragalus cicer) in the mixedgrass prairieDownload
Herbivory can lead to trade-offs between plant growth and reproduction as defoliated plants lose initial resource investments and have reduced photosynthetic capacity. This trade-off can lead to reduced investment into reproductive structures and have repercussions for floral traits, pollinator...