SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1University of Alberta Libraries – Free Access Resources
- 1University of Alberta Libraries – Free Access Resources/Free access e-resources
- 1Sustainable Forest Management Network
- 1Sustainable Forest Management Network/Project Reports (Sustainable Forest Management Network)
Direct and indirect drivers of plant diversity responses to climate and clipping across northern temperate grasslandDownload
It is well known that climate can influence plant community assembly via a multitude of indirect and direct pathways. However, interpretations of plant diversity responses to simulated climate change experiments, and subsequent predictions of plant communities under future climate scenarios,...
Climate change could significantly alter precipitation and water availability in different parts of the world. Moreover, during the course of the 21st century, climate change impact can potentially enhance the severity and frequency of extreme precipitation and also increase prolonged drought...
Abstract: In documenting biological responses to climate change, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change has used phenology studies from many parts of the world, but data from the high latitudes of North America are missing. In the present article, we evaluate climate trends and the...
Greenhouse gas (GHG) emission is one of the important environmental issues that world is facing today. Biomass usage, specifically capturing energy from biomass that would otherwise decay, is one the of many options available to mitigate the impact of the buildup of GHG emissions from fossil...