SearchSkip to Search Results
- 3Frost heave
- 1Arctic geomorphology
- 1Buried pipelines
- 1Chilled pipelines
- 1Devon silt
- 1Freeze and thaw
- 1Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering Program
- 1Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering Program/Journal Articles (Geotechnical & Geoenvironmental Engineering)
- 1Canadian Circumpolar Institute
- 1Canadian Circumpolar Institute/Circumpolar Digital Image Collection
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
Studies on frost heave indicate that significant frost heave observed in the field or laboratory is attributed to ice lens formation associated with water migration to the freezing front and the segregational ice that develops. Hence frost heave prediction models require ice lens initiation...
Frost heave is an important consideration in the design of buried chilled pipelines. A procedure for calculating the amount of heave under a chilled gas pipeline is presented based on a finite-difference formulation of the heat and mass transfer in saturated soils. The frost heave of the soil is...