SearchSkip to Search Results
- 3Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 3Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Grant Assist Program (Natural Sciences and Engineering)
- 1Grant Assist Program (Natural Sciences and Engineering)/Workshops (NSE)
- 1Nursing, Faculty of
- 1Nursing, Faculty of/Nursing Education
- 1Coraiola, Diego (Augustana Campus, Social Sciences)
- 1Foster, William (Augustana Campus, Social Sciences)
- 1Joel Gehman
- 1Reay, Trish (Strategic Management and Organization)
- 1Sandberg, Jorgen (University of Queensland, School of Business)
- 1Suddaby, Roy (University of Victoria; former UofA Strategic Management and Organization)
This dissertation seeks to explore how entrepreneurs engage in prospective sensemaking and what role their arational beliefs play in it. I investigate the implications of prospective sensemaking on opportunity identification and risk management. While the current literature on entrepreneurship...
Nursing entrepreneurship: Motivators, strategies and possibilities for professional advancement and health system change.Download
In Canada, as well as internationally, efficiency-focused organizational restructuring in healthcare has resulted in stressful job change for nurses, although nurses continue to work in a system that values technology-based, physician-provided services. Employed nurses have had to participate in...
Regional income disparity continues to be a source of major concern for Canadian policymakers. This study explores the temporal pattern of income disparity for Canadian provinces, and seeks to identify the role of one particular determinant – entrepreneurship – in explaining regional economic...
Three Studies on Cultural Entrepreneurship and Crowdfunding: We’ve Got Your Back, The Legitimacy Threshold Revisited, and Four Pathways Towards Cultural ResonanceDownload
The primary goal of this doctoral thesis is to advance knowledge on the processes by which entrepreneurial actors gain and maintain the support of their audiences, such as resource providers. Theoretically, my research contributes to the growing body of work on the cultural dynamics of...