SearchSkip to Search Results
- 3Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)
- 2Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/Other Technical Reports (OSRIN)
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/AOSERP Reports
This report describes the inventory system developed to provide a comprehensive data base for emission of materials to the atmosphere which are judged to be of environmental concern in the AOSERP study area. A detailed evaluation of man-related activities and natural processes within the area was...
Surface mining of Alberta bitumen is probably the biggest mining operation in the world. It has a significant environmental footprint with about 840 km2 total active footprint in 2012 and 895 km2 in 2013 (Fig 1) (AESRD 2014). Of this area, tailings ponds covered 239.3 km2 in 2013...
This review presents a summary of tracers use in environmental applications and the potential for tracer use in the Athabasca oil sands. An extensive literature search was conducted accessing articles in refereed journals, theses and unpublished studies conducted by AITF.
Greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions are currently at the crux of political, environmental, technological, and cultural discussions due to climate change. A drastic reduction of GHG emissions is needed in order to mitigate potentially catastrophic climate change impacts. This thesis presents the...