SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)
- 1Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)/Successful Grants Library (SSHRC)
- 1Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)
- 1Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/OSRIN Technical Reports
A war over water: The 1531 English Statue of Sewers and its impact upon local politics, economies and environmentsDownload
SSHRC IG awarded 2013: When I was writing my SSHRC-supported book, Mills in the Medieval Economy: England 1300-1540 (Oxford University Press, 2004), I noted a curious incidence involving the tearing down of two large watermill complexes on the River Itchen between Southampton and Winchester in...
South Asians in Canada are increasingly using the Family Class immigration category to sponsor spouses from their home countries. This qualitative study examined the steps family-sponsored spouses and their sponsors or family members have taken to facilitate their linguistic, economic, social,...
This study examined fairness in the online society of World of Warcraft(WoW), a society under constraint by game developers but dynamically affected by users. Because the society is voluntary, people have the ability to both effect major change on, and leave, that society at any time. Thus,...
The Alberta Oil Sands Then and Now: An Investigation of the Economic, Environmental and Social Discourses Across Four DecadesDownload
A detailed study of dozens of documents pertaining to the Alberta oil sands produced by the Alberta government over the past 40 years shows the government’s perspective regarding this vast resource has undergone a major shift. In the 1970s and early 1980s, the Alberta government initiated...