SearchSkip to Search Results
- 3Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 3Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Educational Policy Studies, Department of
- 1Educational Policy Studies, Department of/Master of Education: Educational Policy Studies Final Capping Papers
- 1Histories of Humanities Computing
- 1Histories of Humanities Computing/Histories of Humanities Computing
Many rural Alberta communities face critical issues of sustainability including rural-urban migration by youth and young adults. Drawing on research in Alberta, this thesis identifies the factors influencing rural-urban migration and discusses ways of empowering communities. A survey of youth...
Script of a dialogue performed under the title “Reading Tools, or Text Analysis Tools as Objects of Interpretation”. This was presented at a session on “Representation and Analysis” at Digital Humanities 2007 at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. The dialogue discusses the...
Many theorists disagree on the correct interpretation of Marxism and Critical theory as it has evolved and developed throughout the progression of history. Some claim that Critical theory lacks incorporating diverse perspectives and individual agency while others claim that this is not the...
A socio-cognitive approach to language assumes language is multimodal, embodied in general cognition, and modulated by contextual cues (van Dijk, 2014). Research on situation models confirms that language is processed multimodally and experiences top-down influence from pre-existing knowledge in...